The Legend of Friendship


The legend of friendship when time shall relate
Recall I shall a beautiful mate
Forgo then all pain and melancholy
And remember days sweet and lovely
Days of bliss, of luck, of joy of laughter,
Days of fun, of mirth, of dreams, of wonder.

Humming to melodious music,
Tapping to jazz and pop.
Wandering near river banks all day long,
Playing thief and cop.
Going to school, attending of classes,
For being late-home missing of buses.
Bunking Jha’s periods and attending Singh’s,
And during Chaubey’s taking to wings.


Had much fun, `twas a long run,
Winters in shade summers under sun.
See now what time has done,
Some have lost, others have won.
Still think I, what does loss signify?
Should I agonize or on mate’s victory glorify?
For some I lost, for me others did,
For those others, I won and for me those some did.
Agonize I wont for you are mine,
I’ll wait silently for the reward of time.

But where are those moments, where those days?
Passes by time, the memory stays.
I look for friends, sight loses vision.
Have we lost the common mission?
What of vows we had so solemnly had?
To stay together in times happy and sad?
Will promises be broken, vows go fade?
Water be spilt on plans we made?
You are nowhere to be seen, eyes do cry,
Perhaps it cost me a tear a sigh…..

Then with one last hope peeped I into my heart,
Only to see for all bliss there thou sitting art.
Too close to me, too far from reach,
Like coconuts on a tree of a bare lonely beach.
Ah! What peace! What joy I find to see,
You kept your vow to be forever with me.
Soul is happy thoughts go mad,
Never in life such a feeling I had.
To remember those stories of love, friendship and fate,
With all patience, for time I shall wait.

And when the legend of friendship time shall relate,
Recall I shall a beautiful mate.

Comments

Manu Sharma said…
itz a gr8 poem wid a lovely flow of thots....and it makes u happy and den sad as v read da 3rd stanzza and da poem ultimately leaves us happy and hopefull widda last part of it....And when the legend of friendship time shall relate,
Recall I shall a beautiful mate
nice
Viraat Harsh said…
thanx manu... i guess u r the only one who reads my posts... :)

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Mom by a Baby Girl

THE D... my first night @hospital

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE