OH TIME!! LET ME...

OH TIME!! LET ME...

(i had written this poem shortly after leaving my alma mater St. Xavier's, found it in an old diary.. tell me if u like it.)

The journey ends, the road goes on
Life then sets in as if with a new dawn.
But memories visit times, we weren’t alone
Summon temptations last dusk had shown.

Time! Oh time!! Break thou thy laws
Let me again enjoy happy times, let me correct my flaws.
Let me thank those who wrote my legend of friendship
Beg pardon of whom I couldn’t follow the kinship.

I look for those times in old books in my rack
Let me have the days at St. Xavier’s back.
Those summers, those winters, those autumns and springs
To fly back to my school, oh time give me wings.

Let me love all, let me laugh, have fun
Let me be punished for home-works half done.
Let me forget speeches on going to the dais
Let me return home again with prizes and smile on my face.

Let me do things, I regret, I never have done
That’s bunking classes, going to movies to have fun.
I was a nerd, oops ’twas my fate
Or I today could have had a funky story to relate.

Crazy, winters in shade and summers under sun
Let me sit on last bench and on paper-cricket score a run.
Let me again doze off and dream when history classes are on
And the teacher scolding, “Get up you wicked one,
This is a classroom not your lawn”.

Let me sing in bands with young Jacksons and Bryan Adams
Let me sigh and miss a beat on seeing new young madams.
Let me clap and tap to jazz, rock and pop
Like a young bird again, careless, let me hop.

Teachers let me baffle, let me give them jitters
Let me turn a gallant Tipu and cross swords with gitters.
Let me fight friends for things as petty as straw
Let me get thrashed again for having neighbors’ mangoes raw.

Let me move about like vagabonds, having nothing else to do
Let me try and fail as every second girl I woo.
Let me see my dreams in my friends’ eyes
Let me have their sorrows again, save them from cries.

Let me have dreams larger than truth itself can be
But why is it that then, the silliest truth I could not see.
That the world would soon wind up and isolate me totally
And nowhere to be seen again will be Bhatta, Gyani, Suz and Ali.

So young fellas, just not read but feel
Time gives us wounds which never do heal.
Enjoy life, have fun, be witty, break laws and do see
That you do everything you want to, and when time passes by,
You needn’t say, “Oh time!! Let me...”

Comments

Zoy said…
That was so good Vitz...The best part was the way you made things general and then some global tint but end of it you kept it so personal. You just inpired me to write on the same lines... Hope to see your posts coming frequently now on.
Manu Sharma said…
it's gr8....best part of it?...everyone connects wid it...missin beats seeing young teachers;)...bunking classes 4 movies,forgetting speeches,paper cricket,dreams larger dan life,beautiful ignorance,innocence,funnily biig dreams,
cud nt haf been told in better words....(n i thot i don t miss my skul dat much)

and d end rocks...inspiring:)
i loooove d last and d last but one stanza....
gr8...
Viraat Harsh said…
@suz- thanx buddy. i hope i'll b able to write more frequently once my exams get over.

@manu- everybody misses school yaar. its the best part of one's life. but many a times we realize it only after leaving the school. you leave school then think college would be gr8, later realizing there's nothing better than school life. when u r in college u keep cribbing about how u want to get in to the real world and start earnging, and when u r actually there u realize college was much much better. we just want to fast forward our lives to explore the unknown, see the unseen and thus miss the small bits of happy moments in our lives. the key is to catch on to those moments.. life is beautiful.
Viraat Harsh said…
i love the second last stanza the most.. its close to my heart. :)
neesh said…
writing about something just immortalisez the feeling and so have you done with this poem of urs.thats what i like best about writing ,in any form. whenever u feel low u can always flip thru these pages n go back in time...
your poem jus made me nostalgic and jealous at the same time....if only i wud 've had great things to tell..............
Viraat Harsh said…
thanx shipra.. it feels nice to get a comment from u...

Popular posts from this blog

A Letter to Mom by a Baby Girl

THE D... my first night @hospital

THE LOVE OF MY LIFE